Thursday, January 29, 2015

A wrapped heart

Here is the last of the Valentine's Day cards I have for you this week.  This one was inspired by the challenge photo over at The Card Concept.  


When I saw the photo I was immediately drawn to the wrapped letters and figured there must be some way to do that on a card.  It's not quite as easy as it looked, but I'm still happy with the results.  And more importantly, I'm sure the little person getting this card is going to love it.  



I took two heart die cuts and glued them together to add a  little stability before picking my pink twine to wrap the heart.  The wrapped heart is then attached to the card with foam tape to help overcome the twine.  There is a Stardream heart under the twine heart for some shine, The heart sits on a vellum back with a glittered border.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you have a minute, I'd love to hear from you.
Amanda

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI (Heart Prints, Background Basics: Farm and Barn)
Dies: PTI (Limitless Layers Heart Stitches)
Paper: PTI (Fine Linen, Pure Poppy), Stardreams (Marcos), Stash (Vellum)
Other: Twine (The Twinery), Ranger (Distress Ink), Tsukineko (Versamark), Embossing Powder (stash), Scortape

No comments:

Post a Comment