Sunday, August 25, 2013

Scent-sational Cards

The next challenge I'm putting out here is the Scent-sational Cards Challenge, which is making your own scratch and sniff cards.  I must admit I did not go into this challenge prepared.  I did not have any of the sweet smelling Kool-Aid on hand.  The design team pointed out that spices could be used and so I went to fall.  In case you can't tell, I am ready for fall.  I love fall.  I made a tag that will be attached to some kind of treat for one of the littles in the coming months.  Of course, that means I need to make more tags so everyone gets one.  But for today I have just the one.


It seems to me a solid image works better with this technique but as I don't tend to get those I made it work with something else.  I pulled out the Fall Fillers for the Friendship Jars and colored it in.  Then I mixed up a scenty embossing powder with cinnamon and nutmeg and applied it by painting the pumpkins with embossing ink from the refill bottle to apply the embossing powder, and thus the scent. 

Let me know what you think.

Supplies
Cardstock from PTI
Tag from Stash
Stamps from PTI
Dies from Sizzix and PTI
Ink from Ranger and Momento
Embossing Folder from Sizzix
Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment