Monday, September 2, 2013

From our house

I was reminded last night about the Holiday challenges over at Moxie Fab World.  I had wanted to get some of my items done and ready for the holidays in time for the challenge, but there were other things to do with the littles.  I know they're only little once so they, of course, got my time.  Yet, I woke up this morning determined to get something done to submit.  I had a few ideas, but time is always the magic ingredient that seems to be missing.  In the end, I did it!  So here is my treat box that serves a dual purpose as home décor.  When I finished it I wasn't sure which category to put it in, so I'm putting it in both and perhaps some of you can offer your opinions on where it goes. 





In a perfect world we will give this to someone filled with treats and then they can leave it out on their table or counter with treats in it to grab all season long. 

This little house is made from a template from Papertrey.  I know it's been around for a few years, but it's still a winner to us. 

Once that was done, and believe me it took a long time with so many interruptions, I moved on to gift wrap.  I like to have a few cards set at the ready for those times when you are invited to a last minute party, or the hubby comes home announcing he needs a gift for tomorrow.  Knowing this, a package for one of these sets seemed the way to go. 


This box also used a template from Papertrey.  The ornaments in the wreath actually tiny ornaments that I picked up forever and a day ago and completely forgot I had.  Yet, they were perfect for this project.

Supplies
(House)
Template from Papertrey
Cardstock from Papertrey
Stamps from Papertrey and Stampendous
Ink from Tskineko
Glitter from Martha Stewart
Tombow Watercolor Pens
Vellum
(Card Box)
Cardstock from Papertrey
Garland from stash
Ornaments from Stash
Bells from Stash
Ribbon from Stash

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful box! I think you were right to add it to both categories because if I received treats in it I would certainly want to have it out on display for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas projects, Amanda! The house is so cute and pretty and I love the elegant gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project. Love it!

    You were also chosen as the winner from my 1000th post blog candy. Please email me at alanna.moses@yahoo.com with your mailing address.
    Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove that little house. It's amazing!! I think it should be both home decor AND treat box :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amanda! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Gift Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amanda! Thanks also for linking this up to the Holiday Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amanda! Thanks also for linking this up to the Holiday Food & Treat Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete