Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sweet Sugar Coated Embellishments

Here we are at the start of the series of blog posts showing all that I got done yesterday during Papertrey's Stamp-A-Faire Event.  I will likely be posting in the opposite order of how there were presented at Papertrey yesterday just because it's easier for me.  First up is the sugar coated embellishments challenge, and it seems as though I would love this one given this is the Sugar Coated Bits Blog, though the name has nothing to do with glitter. 

I do, however, love glitter and truth be known, so does the hubby.  So I went with Dawn's approach using Glossy Accents and getting the "bump" from it to help the design along a bit. 


Here I used the technique to beef up the candle on this Halloween card. 


Here is a slightly different angle.  I die cut the candles from Fine Linen Cardstock, aged them a little with distress ink, and then added the glitter (a color called Flesh).  I love the dimension the glitter gives the candle. 

I will also be entering this in the Just Add Glitter Challenge over at Whimsical Designs.

Thanks for looking.  Let me know what you think.

Supplies
Cardstock from Papertrey
Dies from Sizzix
Ink from Ranger
Tissue Tape from Idea-ology
Glossy Accents from Ranger
Glitter from Sparkle N Spinkle
Stain from Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment