Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy, Happy Birthday

There are several challenges over at Moxie Fab World ending today.  When they were announced it seemed as though there was plenty of time to get them all done in advance of the deadline.  Of course, if I hadn't rearranged my whole house and didn't have any littles that would very much have been true.  My ideas don't always work out the way I think they will so sometimes the first (or second or third) idea ends up in the recycle bin.  This happened with the sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch.



There was an addition to the sketch here though.  It had to be all stamping or no stamping.  It sounds so simple...until you want to reach for just one little thing.  On top of that I am not a sketch wizard.  I tend to take them too literal and end of feeling very confined.  Until this card.  This one made the light bulb over my head come on, all by accident.  Here is what I came up with - all stamping (and coloring, of course).


The balloons were stamped on vellum and then colored with Copics.  If you have a minute, I'd love your thoughts.

Supplies
Cardstock from PTI and stash
Vellum from stash
Stamps from Stamping Bella, Northwoods Rubber Stamps, PTI
Ink from Momento, Tsukineko, Ranger
Copics

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete