Monday, July 22, 2013

Party Time!

It's no secret around here, birthdays are a big deal.  I love to celebrate the day each of my little people came to me.  July is a birthday month here, though the birthday is so close to Independence Day we have found the party usually has to be postponed.  Of course, that really means we end up having a family party and a friends party, but I'm ok with that.  This weekend was the party weekend.  The not so little little picked a treasure hunt theme.  Here is the party fare I made for said event.


Here we have the invitation, goody bag, and sign for the cake and other sugary goodness.  These invitations were being mailed so they had to be flat.  I also needed 12 of them so they couldn't be overly involved.  Here is a glimpse of what was inside.


I took Rustic Cream cardstock ran it through the printer using a free font from dafont.com that looked like it might be from a pirate and printed the information.  Then I trimmed it down and added it to a piece of Stardream Cardstock in Copper to give it a treasure feel.  It slid in the treasure chest as though the chest were and envelope.  The treasure chest part was just a half sheet of 8.5X11 cardstock with the folds placed in the right places.  The cardstock is stamped, it didn't come that way.  Then I added a lock (bronze Stardream cardstock), cut with a file on my Pazzles backed with black and all sanded to look old.  Finally, I added dark chocolate strips that were inked and sanded to look like leather straps. 

The goody bags (or boxes) were treasure chests made with a template from My Time Made Easy that was altered before cutting.  They were filled with a pirate bandana, pirate and treasure temporary tattoos, and chocolate (only kinds wrapped in gold and silver). 

Which brings us to the "Treasure Cove" banner.  This was never meant to be a pirate party, but a treasure hunt.  As such I went to great pains to bring a little and only a little pirate into it keeping the central focus about the treasure and the hunt.  Here is the treasure cove that went with the cake.


The party was a huge hit!  Everything turned out as I had hoped and the birthday kid was over the moon.  Now that it's done I'm entering this in the birthday ensemble challenge over at Moxie Fab World.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Supplies
Cardstock from PTI, Core'dinations, Stardream (not sure the company)
Stamps from PTI
Template from My Time Made Easy
Die from Sizzix
Ink from Ranger
Fonts from Dafont.com
Other stuff...sandpaper, craft sticks

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Party Ensemble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete